In this article we will look at how you can configure and dynamically provision ONTAP NAS Storage for containerized applications in a Kubernetes/OpenShift environment.
This article is a work from Kapil Arora (Cloud Platform Architect @NetApp).
- Storage for Containers Overview – Part I
- Storage for Containers using Gluster – Part II
- Storage for Containers using Container Native Storage – Part III
- Storage for Containers using Ceph – Part IV
- Storage for Containers using NetApp ONTAP NAS – Part V
- Storage for Containers using NetApp SolidFire – Part VI
Trident enables the use of the new storage class concept in Kubernetes, acting as a provisioning controller that watches for PVCs (persistent volume requests) and creates them on-demand.
This means that when a pod requests storage from a storage class that Trident is responsible for, it will provision a volume that meets those requirements and make it available to the pod in real-time.
To learn more check-out these Trident videos.