Keith Tenzer has over 15 years of enterprise IT experience. He has a strong software engineering background but mostly worked as a systems and storage administrator. He has worked for high-profile companies such as Intuit, NetApp and Red Hat. Keith has worked in the USA and Europe. Through his career Keith has focused much of his time around application integration and has built distinct expertise in this area. Currently Keith occupies the position of Solutions Architect at Red Hat. Opinions expressed in this blog are Keith’s own and do not necessarily reflect that of the company he works for.
Software Engineering Accomplishments
Coding provides Keith with a creative outlet for his many ideas. It also helps him understand how software is built and operates. Keith has worked on many software engineering projects and some notable ones are mentioned below.
- Integra – Provider based automation framework that enables IT teams to automate anything without creating technical debt. Integra is simple to understand and easy to use. It is truly a next-gen automation platform.
- NetApp Snap Creator Framework – Snapshot based backup framework integrating applications with NetApp snapshot technology. Snap Creator is a backup product offered by NetApp and Keith is the inventor.
- Perfstat – Systems monitoring tool fashioned after another monitoring tool from 90s called Big Brother.
- Snap2cloud – A framework for backing up storage snapshots to the cloud. Currently it implements NetApp to Amazon S3 but it could be extended to other storage vendors and cloud providers.
- Frameworks for Providing backup Functionalities to Different Applications
- Identification of Virtual Applications for Backup in a Cloud Computing System
- Provision of Backup Functionalities in Cloud Computing Systems
- Methods for Integrating Applications with a Data Storage Network and Devices ThereOf
This blog is dedicated to the many midnight code junkies out there, you know who you are! Keep coding and never stop fighting the good fight.